Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tools

I use a *lot* of tools.  The vast majority of my larger power tools are Craftsman - table saw, cordless tools (C3 19.2 volt), scroll saw.  The only issue I have with the Craftsman tools are the batteries for the C3 tools - 3 of the 4 NiCads have died, and #4 is on it's way out.  I'll probably buy some LiIon batteries for the tools, just because I have so many of them.

The most used power tool on the hobby side is my Dremel rotary tool.  It's extremely versatile and well worth the investment.  I also really enjoy the Dermel Multi-max.  It saved a lot of hours the last time I installed a Pergo floor.

There are a few one-offs...  Ryobi compound mitre saw, Shopvac, Skilsaw circular saw.  I even have a few Harbor Freight powertools - they're cheap.  They have been solid performers for what I do, and the build quality seems OK.

My wish list includes a router and table.  No room in the shed, though.  Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment